The Ontario, Oregon Union Pacific Train Depot was built in 1907 and its romanesque Queen Anne style makes it one of the most distinctive buildings in Ontario. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
Although freight trains still travel the tracks behind the building, the depot no longer serves its original purpose. Today it serves the community as a venue for meetings and celebrations.
The depot is owned by the City of Ontario. The depot building houses the Ontario Basque Center in its north end. As per the 2007 lease agreement with the city, Ontario, Oregon Basque Club maintains and administers the private and public spaces within the depot.